Ooh, how exciting! This blog has received its first award (from my good friend, Angela Wallace: check out her blog for some interesting thoughts on writing, cats, and fantasy…)
This award comes with a catch: I must confess 7 random things about myself, and then pass it on to some worthy-of-note bloggers. Oh dear. Let’s give this a try.
1. I don’t own a single pair of white socks. In high school, I did a sock exchange by mail with friends and ended up with everything from Tinker Bell socks to electric-blue fishnet socks. My current favorite is a pair of knee-high, blue-and-green argyles.
2. Scotland is my favorite country in the world. I’ve visited twice, but I’d go back in a heartbeat. If I could tweak the ancestral records and make myself Scottish, I would.
3. I took two quarters of Biblical Greek in college and absolutely fell in love with it–especially because so much of English is derived from Greek. My family will tell you that I still occasionally break into raptures when I recognize a word…
4. Almost all my favorite authors are old dead guys (or gals). I think good authors are like good cheese: the older, the better.
5. I like to play with big dogs, cook with big knives, and read with big books.
6. If I could be any Disney princess, I would want to be Belle for sure. Brave, kind, enormous personal library, and how about that ballroom scene??
7. My favorite Shakespeare play is Hamlet. I’m a sucker for tragedy. Don’t ask me why.
And now, to pass this honor on to some wonderful bloggers!
1. Audry : Amazing photos, knitting stories (many of them about her own designs), artistic endeavors, unexpected adventures, and puppy antics.
2. Adelle : Sometimes funny, sometimes poignant, these are the writings of a boymom who loves God, shoes, and words.
3. Matthew : A witty New Zealander writing about writing, reasoning, and history.
4. Marcy : Though she’s already received this award numerous times, her insights on grammar and life through the eyes of faith deserve another nomination!
Even if you don’t keep a blog, what are the 7 weirdest, quirkiest, or funniest things you’d list about you?
4 thoughts on “Versatile Blogging!”
p.s. Random thing #7 is due to your Scottish blood…what else could it be???
Oh yes, G.K. Chesterton: “all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.” 🙂
Love your 7 random things! They each made me laugh. I can’t bring myself to wear fun socks (unless they’re the fuzzy bedtime ones). They must be black, brown, or very dark blue.
Oh, I’m glad my randomness gave you a good reason to laugh 🙂 Now I know what you need for your birthday!